10 September 2007

Oh dear, oh dear

So I guess someone should comment on the England game, although I didnt see it I have heard and read enough to suggest that it was actually worse than we were anticipating. Saying that all 6 Nations teams have struggled with inferior teams........Numerous rumours and suggestions are flying about, but the crux of the matter is simply that the players don't believe in themselves - they dont carry themselves with any degree of confidence and they hate the label of being world champs (although they wont have to worry about that for much longer).

A lot will be said about the club v country debate again in the next few weeks and until the matter is resolved, the key being that the southern hemisphere have complete backing through their structures, England in particular will no longer be able to compete with the Southern Hemisphere. There will also be talk about the lack of English players coming through the Premiership clubs forcing us to rely on Dad's Army mark 2. There is an interesting article here http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/09/10/multinational_club_scene_dilut.html which suggests what an alternative English based side would look like compared to an English National side.

How pleased was I that I could sit down yesterday and watch 4 games of rugby in a row - very! But I guess after Friday I'll have to choose another team to support........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very useful article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.